The panel was titled Who Killed Social Media? Reputation, Community Management, and the Future of Branding and included four other industry professionals:
- Dave Allen, the bass player of Gang Of Four, founder of Shreikback, and now Nemo Design’s community manager, director of insights, and Pamplemoose.com blogger;
- Matt Savarino, Lead Information Architect at K2 Sports and creator of Ridertech;
- James Todd – Software Engineer for Twine at Radar Networks;
- Tony “Frosty” Welch – Web, Community and Social Media Strategy Personal Systems Group at HP, Community Manager for theNextBench.com; and me.
- Marshall Kirkpatrick, Vice President of Content Development and Lead Writer at ReadWriteWeb was the moderator.
I was going to write it up but luckily for me (and the rest of the panel), Portland-based Cyborg Anthropologist and social media consultant Amber Case got it all down for Hazelnut Tech Talk. If I had someone as talented as Amber cleaning up all my panel comments I’d likely be invited back more often.
Special thanks to the following people for making my trip to Portland so smooth and delicious: Nemo’s Trevor Graves, Mark Lewman, Dave Allen, and Becky Ratner-Singh, Group Y’s Liz Randall and Mark Sperling, Yobeat.com’s Brooke Geery and Jared Souney, Billy Miller, and Cec, Katie, and Teal. Portland is not only green, it is apparently packed with good people.